In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 543
Online now 525 Record: 4850 (6/6/2012)
The home for discussion on USC athletics
FightOn247 message board for off topic posts
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Here are mine:
1. Aundey Walker- No way to keep this mammoth man off the field. I see pancakes coming all year long. Does he beat our Graf at LT? I think he does based on natural talent while Graf knows RT very well. Prediction: Starting LT.
2. Kevin Greene- While it may be sexier to predict Heyward and Townsend rise, none fo them face the do or die situation Greene faces in Spring. He is faced with either solidify a position OR be relegated to the bench for the rest of his career. At 6'4 and 260, he has a great size for the Dline and it all comes together this Spring to get him some PT. We need a good pass rush out of him. Prediction: Good 3rd down DE who provides pass rush.
3. Junior Pomee- The reports on this kid are too good to hold him back. He's a man child and seems perfect for an H-back type role with a possible "Ellison" type move to FB. Either way, he's a stud football player and brings nastiness to the offense. Prediction: Sees time at FB.
4. Victor Blackwell- With early transfers, it appears no player is poised to make a jump moreso than Blackwell. If he is as polished as some reports, he seems like the perfect complement to the speed of Woods and Lee. Prediction- He leaps past Flournoy as a very productive slot receiver.
5. Scott Starr- His EE status will give this kid such an advantage as he puts a good amount of football under his belt heading into Fall by being Dawson's understudy. He has size and toughness. Maybe less heralded than Ruffin, Starr will get much needed experience in Spring. Prediction: Solidifies himself as Dawson's backup.
Big George Uko. Just saw an interview with him on TOS and it seems like he means business. He has AA written all over him.
What sanctions? Our 75 are better than your 85.
Easy......Marcus Martin. Still can't believe he played the entire season at age 17....and he played at an above level. Dude will be all PAC 12 next year for sure.
Runner up goes to Marqise Lee. Dude was playing on pure talent last season....if you think he's good now, wait until he REALLY knows how to play WR. I'll say this until I'm blue in the face, Lee will end up being the best pro WR we ever produced.
DB Joshua Shaw - One of the most physical player we have in our defensive back with a lot experience playing in Florida.
OT Aundrey Walker - With weight down this kid could turn into a a potential 1st rounder after 2 years.
LB Anthony Sarao - This kid will surprise a lot of people this year like what Hayes Pullard did last season.
Here are mine:
1) Anthony Sarao
2) Tre Madden
3) Junior Pommee
4) JR Tavai
5) Greg Townsend Jr
I like your list of candidates to make leaps in their careers for USC. While I would like it to be Kevin Greene my personal choice would be Victor Blackwell who should flourish with most of the attention directed to Woods, Farmer and Lee.
Is Morgan Breslin already on campus? If so, he's my pick.
I like that you're still riding the walker train. How was that steak with trojb?
man we are in desperate need to topic talk.....
George Farmer. Almost two years younger than Lee.
By the way, I didn't really answer the question before, so here's who I hope makes a big move...
Seems like the last two are battling out for LT with RT going to the "loser" - not sure that's the right word. Anyway, those two guys are going to need to be huge next year protecting Barkley.
The rest are guys who I have wanted to see do something their whole careers and just haven't really made an impact, yet. Hopefully, they can this season. Albeit more than likely in backup roles.
My pick would have to be Devon Kennard year two in his move back to DE is going to be a huge year... #2 DJ Morgan last year he was getting back from that knee surgery and hopefully he plays more than he thinks about making plays... DJ could be a homerun threat everytime he touches the football.
At my signal, unleash hell.
I think we are going to see huge strides from Aundrey Walker, Lamar Dawson, George Farmer & hopefully DJ Morgan.
Id also love to see Soma out there and we are going to need Uko to perform like the stud I think hes capable of being.
An exciting year awaits, I can barely wait for spring ball to get started
"From uptown, downtown, in town, out of town! We got it going on, it's famous baby,here we go!"
It's going to happen in the backfield with DJ Morgan and Buck Allen.
Buck Allen is a Mini Me version of LenDale White.
Ypu and Lil Blem are the only people I ever see talking about Buck
I guess cuz that is his nickname too
He and D J. Morgan are his favorite players
The highly intelligent club is reserved for exclusive members. However, you keep working at it and you too can be a member.
Something tells me Matzo coated chicken wings will be part of the initiation
I hope Walker has worked on his quickness. Last year it seemed he was on his own snap count..... and it was different from everyone else.
I mentioned Pomee should get a look at FB last year when he was coming in. Most everyone here thought that was crazy.
I still think it's a good option, at least give him a look at FB. It could make the difference in sitting or getting some PT.
RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY RANDY
The serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Who knows. Hopefully a few corners will be on the list. Seymour and Shelton at the very least. Robey doesn't have the measurables to jet early for big money, but if we did leave we would be beyond screwed next year. It'd be a massacre.
We need RB help too. Hoping Morgan's knee turns out OK is slightly delusional, McNeal is gone in a few months, Redd could bolt or be here just one more year, Allen's done nothing, etc.
RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! RANDY!
There's also another post that I made during the summer that proves my omnipotence, and I so want to bump it....but a legendary poster who is no longer with us vehemently disagreed with me, and I'd be Satan if I bumped it....so I'll leave it alone. Yes, that's right....not only I'm I the greatest poster who ever lived....I also have the most ginormous heart.
Up your's, CactusDave....and Goodnight Folks!
Love you Randy, you're adorable!
"Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy." Virgil
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports