In partnership with CBSSports.com
The home for discussion on USC athletics
FightOn247 message board for off topic posts
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Scott wrote elsewhere:
"For today. I am going to stay silent because our info. Is being ripped off by all the other sites."
In response to this state of affairs (which I understand has been going on for quite a while):
1. A big thank you to Scott and his team for the amazing information and productivity of their efforts. The competition doesn't come even close.
2. A big FU to the TOS for their despicable behavior. What clearer way to admit their failure than to steal from another, clearly superior site? I have resolved to never click into any of TOS until I hear from Scott that the unethical behavior has stopped. I encourage others to resolve likewise.
3. I call upon the publishers/moderators of TOS to issue public pledges to desist from engaging in plagiarism and to ban/delete it from their sites if forwarded by posters.
4. I would support an alternative FightOn247membership structure and/or business model, (even if it ended up being more expensive or cumbersome) if it curtailed the ability of TOS to rip off Scott and his enterprise.
5. Call me naive, but I personally find it disturbing that individuals claiming to be part of the Trojan Family would shamelessly turn on their own in such a petty manner.
Follow Me on Twitter: @OriginalRichSC
Cry Havoc; and let slip the dogs of war!
No update on USC's site. Will post when I see something.
23 hours ago via 247Sports Mobile
Rate UpRate DownReply
TOS-R is not ripping Scott's info. Other sites in the 247 network are.
At my signal, unleash hell.
This is the type of dickassery moves that merits a flash mob to show up at TBB and down vote without remorse.
Apparently it has shown up on Rivals.
I haven't seen it and I am on that board more than I am here.
Regardless, if it is true the blame should be in the posters for taking that info off the board.
The mods over there do a fine job making sure other sites info stays off their board.
I am also that board quite a bit (but RARELY post there). Info from this site does show up there every once in awhile. I have NEVER seen it ripped off by the mods on TOS-R.
There are a few posters on BOTH this site and that site that take info from one board to the other. Also on occasion info is posted here (or on TOS-R) and then a few posters (oddly enough it is the 'regulars') run back to the TOS-R mod (or Scott) and ask, I heard such and such, is this true.
Even though it does not happen often (it is quite pathetic).
I have seen a lot of info from here on Gerard's board! From some very "inside" posters, some even saying from S.S. himself! I was wondering when this subject was coming up. I'm guilty of this myself, not quoting but asking Scott about Rumors seen on Rivals!
While I have no doubt that some people shamelessly steal -- most people are (in their mind) inncently sharing what they've heard in a broader way. "Have you heard anything about ____ recommitting?"
I've never seen moderators at TOS-E, TOS-R, or this website condon/encourage this practice. They all seem pretty ethical to me.
Oh, B.S. That poster Balto goes running over there with Free Kobe's posts practically word for word. No way that's innocent sharing-- that's a dude who's puffing himself up to feel important by 'sharing' information he knows that others don't. And I don't see the posts deleted by the mods.
That's straight-up plagiarism, an egregious violation that, if used at school, merits expulsion.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports